What About Bob?

Vignettes and Musings from a tangential thinker.

A child of the depression, a self made man. WWII Naval Officer, Quality Control Engineer...A man of the water, traveler, sailor, dad, grandpa, friend. I will do my best to transcribe his thoughts and stories onto this blog, for all to see. It is my sincere hope that all who read these pages will come to be intrigued by this man's wonderful life and enjoy the voyage.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Letter to The President of The United States


President Barack Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC  20500

President Obama:

I've been concerned about the state of our public education system for some time now.  I'd like to share with you my concept.

A stronger Parent Teacher Association should be encouraged to make decisions effecting their particular districts.  Without stronger parental involvement the districts and schools are left to the mercy of school boards.

The PTA, through proper parliamentary procedures, should advocate for the students in their schools directly with their respective school boards on a monthly basis.  This would make for stronger individual community participation and decision reaching.  As students see their parents taking a more active role in their education they will be spurred towards excellence.  When I was President of our local PTA I instituted these ideas.  At the end of the school year the Principal of the school came to my home to thank us for the best year in his experience as Principal.

As our nation's President, you can be a cheerleader for this cause.  I have appreciated all your efforts pertaining to this matter up until now, but I believe it should be made a higher priority.  Our education system can once again be a strong pillar in the growth of our nation.

Robert *****
LCDR, US Navy Retired
*****, MN  *****

No comments:

Post a Comment