What About Bob?

Vignettes and Musings from a tangential thinker.

A child of the depression, a self made man. WWII Naval Officer, Quality Control Engineer...A man of the water, traveler, sailor, dad, grandpa, friend. I will do my best to transcribe his thoughts and stories onto this blog, for all to see. It is my sincere hope that all who read these pages will come to be intrigued by this man's wonderful life and enjoy the voyage.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Remembering Bob and Audrey

From Cheryl today:
***
Two years ago today my dad passed on.  I still miss him so much.  He was a great dad and wonderful storyteller.  Thank you, Bruce for listening and hearing dad's stories and starting a blog for him.  I still look back at it, appropriately named for a Navy man, "Tacking Through Bob's Head".

***

These two pics are from a secret fishing trip to a secret lake on Mother's Day.  Audrey was thrilled, even though she didn't know where she was...she caught the largest fish of her life.  A tiger muskie.
 Bob loved his Cuba Libres...he had quite the beard towards the end.  He was such an old salt!




1 comment: